The “tree of life” is a phrase that is used in the Bible more than once. Even though this phrase is not used in Psalm 1 specifically, this Psalm does mention the word “tree” in it. Now take a look at this chapter and notice what special characteristics this “tree” possesses.
Look at this chapter in Psalms here: Psalm 1:1-6
Here is a list of some of the characteristics of this “tree” that I saw in these verses. (you may see even others that I didn’t see).
- vs. 1-2 The tree is like a godly man that delights in God’s law (which is His Word).
- vs. 3 This tree is planted by the rivers of water (so it must not have any problem being nourished by this river).
- vs. 3 He (the tree) brings forth his fruit in his season.
- vs. 3 …His leaf also shall not wither.
- vs. 3 …Whatsoever he (this tree) does shall prosper.
This is pretty neat, huh? Verse 2 says that the tree is similar to a godly man that delights in the Word of God (the law of the Lord). Verse 2 also says that this godly man meditates in God’s Word day and night. It also says that, in a way, this is similar to this tree also soaking in the nourishment from the rivers of water day and night.
So what can we learn and apply in our lives from this usage of the word “tree” in Psalm 1? Wow, we can surely learn alot, can’t we?
The Word of God is so ALIVE with meaning and understanding, that I am sure there are other things that you have learned from just these verses in Psalm 1. Now that we know what God expects of us, as godly believers, we can easily begin to live up to His expectations. Right?
When you study the Bible, you will begin to recognize important and interesting words or phrases that are repeated many times in the scriptures. The phrase “tree of life” is a very interesting phrase to find the usages of in the Bible.
For your further study into the “tree of life”, I have also included the clickable links to many of the usages of this phrase right here below:
- Genesis 2:9-17
- Genesis 3:22-24
- Revelation 2:7
- Revelation 22:verses 2 and 14 – (You ought to read the context within this chapter besides reading just these two verse references of the phrase “tree of life” for further insight.)
In His Service,
ROB – (admin)
P.S. If you liked this article or website, any donations would be appreciated.